2012 Summer Doubles LeagueLeague Format
2 pools of 8 teams each.
League with in the group.
All the teams are ranked based on performance in round 1. Also, all the teams move to Pre Quarter Finals.
Pre Quarter Finals
- Best of 3 sets . In case of a tie (6-6) It will be a tie breaker for all the 3 sets.
- Each Player/Team should bring a new can of balls. One of the players/teams will open one new can in the beginning of the 1st set. If the match goes for a third set then the other player opens a new can.
If the Match is completed in 2 sets and If the Winner opened the new can in the first set, then the looser gives the new can to the winner at the end of the match. If the looser opened the new can in the first set , then the winner keeps his new can of balls.
If the Match goes for 3 sets and both the new cans are opened then nobody has to give any new can of balls.
- We suggest to use Wilson Championship balls for all your matches to keep a consistency across all the matches.
- Until Quarter Finals we won't be able to provide line umpires. After Quarter Finals we will have line umpires.
- If there is a doubt/argument in any of the line calls (when there are no line umpires during league and knock outs) we would suggest you to replay the point. When a point is replayed the server gets 2 serves to serve.
- All the other standard tennis rules apply.
Please contact the organizers in case of any questions and feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org